Serial Box is seeking a Senior Frontend Web Engineer to work with our server team on our web frontend.
Applications will be reviewed starting January 18.
- Optimizing our website for SEO-friendly best practices
- Integrating our web app with marketing tools like Webflow landing pages, Google Analytics, Optimizely, etc.
- Implementing new features in tandem with our server team, to deliver web and app improvements to our platform
- Work with Product, UX, and Design teams to creatively solve complex problems
- Ensure implementations follow web standards, accessibility, and usability best practices
- Contribute to our codebase and help ensure that our coding standards and patterns are observed through code reviews and pair programming
- You have four or more years of experience in web development
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience
- You’ve got the vision and HTML/CSS/JS chops to turn the visual design into a fully interactive webpage, both via frameworks like React and “the old fashioned way”
- You have an eye for visual design and have worked with UI designers before
- Bonus: You’re not afraid to do a little backend coding as well, and you have experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks and programming languages (like Django/Python, Spring/Java, etc.)
- You know when and how to write unit tests to cover the critical functionality of your code
- You are eligible to work in the United States and work in the Eastern Time zone
About the Process:
- As a small team, we will do our best to respond to as many applicants as we can, but we will not be able to respond to every candidate who applies
- We work during Eastern Time office hours, so first-round interviews will be a phone or video calls during those hours
About the Company:
Serial Box is building the future of listening and reading. We deliver audiobooks in snackable bites with a reading option. Our mission is to bring listeners 20+ minutes of entertaining audio story every day — daily immersion in the story goes a long way to sparking creativity, building empathy, and reducing stress. Our curated platform includes third-party content we curate, Serial Box Exclusives we’ve developed with Marvel, Warner Brothers, BBC, and other partners, as well as Serial Box Originals created by teams of bestselling authors. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, Wired, NPR, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety, and Forbes.
- “Like Game of Thrones but for your ears”—i09
- “The HBO of reading”—NPR
- “Best of the year”—Apple
- “Must-have app”—Buzzfeed
We’re a venture-backed startup and our investors have helped grow some of the best brands in media and consumer categories such as Gimlet, Glossier, Slate, Warby Parker, Hotel Tonight, and Outdoor Voices.
This is a full-time staff position. Serial Box offers a wide array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, health, dental, vision, commuter benefits, health/wellness benefits, and a generous vacation policy. We’re committed to diversity of all kinds — not just on our team, but in our writer’s rooms and in the stories we bring to listeners and readers. We pride ourselves on a welcoming, weird and witty culture and look for people who share those values in every hire we make.
Serial Box is a digital entertainment platform (audio and publishing) based in NYC. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Serial Box not to discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination