Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high-level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, the creation of developer tools, and the support of the open-source community. Our core products include an open-source, Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web, as well as a foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team made up of ~70 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has a minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We’re growing our core team, join us in building the gateway towards Web3!
Status is looking for a UI Engineer who will work closely with Design and Product teams to transform specifications into interactive interfaces. The ideal person will be comfortable to work on features end-to-end from Status-React to Status-Go, has an eye for design and can transform reused patterns such as list items into UI components.
Willingness to learn, product-orientation, and making sure all team members are aligned when developing new features, will make you successful in the role.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Implement new features end to end, and, from Status-go to Status-React
- Work closely with the Design team to draft technical specifications
- Craft eye-catching UIs and propose improvements to our React codebase
- Sense checking with the team and prioritizing work from our backlog
You should have
- Experience working towards UI design specifications
- An eye for detail; point us to completed implementation work
- Strong experience with CSS and CSS Flexbox Layout
- Experience with React Native
- 3+ years of experience working on complex mobile applications
Bonus points if you have
- Some experience with any of the following programming languages (Go, Clojure, ClojureScript, Java in android development, Objective C, Kotlin, Swift)
- Exposure to designing structured UI components and libraries
- Experience with native mobile development (Android and IOS)
- Interest in decentralization and web3
- Introductory conversation – People Ops team
- Team Lead + UX Research
- Technical Task
- Peer Panel Interview – Core Engineer + Design team
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Status compensates people with above-average salaries in fiat or crypto, plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here: https://status.im/snt-utility/