Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Wufoo Team
Our team is creating a next-generation online forms platform. You will work with Wufoo Engineering Managers, Engineering Working Groups, Product Managers, and Designers to define and guide the implementation of engineering solutions. In addition, you will also work to ensure the health and stability of the legacy application and systems that are in use by millions of Wufoo users.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer focusing on back-end and front-end systems for the Wufoo engineering team. We’re a small and independent team focused on rebuilding one of SurveyMonkey’s earliest acquisitions. Our team has the autonomy of a startup while also benefiting from the infrastructure, tooling, process, and design systems of the wider organization, giving us the best of both worlds!
- Author, review, approve, and implement technical requirements and designs
- Contribute and guides architectural decisions and approaches
- Assist and mentor engineers in the design, build, scaling, and monitoring of our next generation online forms service
- Provide technical leadership and mentor-ship for our engineers
- Help analyze, diagnose, and create engineering processes that help us focus on core values of customer centricity, agile releases, developer productivity, and quality
- 12+ years of professional programming experience shipping quality code
- Excellent command of web standards, API design, and systems architecture
- Expertise in developing and deploying at-scale modern web applications
- Expertise in Python and ReactJS (required)
- Expertise in PHP is a plus (desired)
- Experience in Cloud SaaS applications and architecture
- Passion to promote best practices and engineering standards to the team, to lead adoption of new technologies, and to mentor other developers
- Experienced in both driving green-field developments as well as maintaining legacy systems
- Experienced in agile, test-driven development, builds, and frequent deployments
- Enthusiasm for doing code reviews and collaborating within and across teams, and troubleshooting issues
- Strong lateral-thinking and cross-disciplinary experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.