TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior iOS Software Engineer (Developer) to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us build amazing experiences on our app and continue our impressive growth from 23 million customers to beyond! We play with Swift. Similar roles include iOS Developer, iOS Engineer, Mobile Developer, and App Developer.
From a recent hackathon, we released a first-in-industry COVID-19 screening tool for teams to help ensure members are healthy before attending events. This led our team to win the 2021 Big Innovation Award presented by the Business Intelligence Group!
To deepen our connections with each other, we also love to travel to fun locations across the country for all-company gatherings, team meetings, and the like.
What You’ll Be Doing
- The building, updating, enhancing, refactoring, and maintaining our iOS app that has a 8 star rating on the App Store and was featured at Apple WWDC!
- Work closely with our Product and UX teams to brainstorm, build, and test new features
- Partnering with other internal teams to build rich and engaging features to fuel our partnerships with established advertising brands
What You Need to Succeed
- Deep experience building native iOS apps with Swift
- A strong understanding of the standard design patterns used in apps built with Swift and the iOS SDK
- Experience maintaining Objective-C code
- Experience using Autolayout and UIKit to build performance-oriented view hierarchies
- The ability to effectively utilize concurrency paradigms using GCD
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, mobile UX, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of mobile advertising implementations – banners, interstitials, native, etc.
- Passion for a great user experience – we have designers on staff, but we want you to be interested in what makes a great feature for our customers
- A sense of humour… or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent, or coach
- Experience working as part of a distributed team
- Experience with Native Advertising, MRAID, or video ads
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience building apps that support hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Experience delivering custom sponsored user experiences that utilize Advertising frameworks, APIs and tools (custom feature integrations that go beyond just banners and interstitials)
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, opportunities to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- We’re not just remote, we’re known for being remote-first. We’ve been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 learning and development stipend
- 401K and more!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of colour, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.