vidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator’s journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
So Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects. Equally, we’ve set up our people for success by giving them professional development opportunities like courses or conferences that will help them acquire desirable skills/experience.
Our company has met the future of work head-on, with a fully remote company, capable of giving you the flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge. Lastly, we celebrate our wins and try to enjoy work by going on fun retreats to exciting destinations, such as Spain, Portugal and amazing places to come.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
So what will you do at vidIQ in this Backend Engineer role?
Join us as a Backend Scala Engineer and help us develop our system and create new features!
This role is a bit unique.
You will work on the development of existing web-services, creating a new one and taking a part in building data pipelines. We are paying a lot of attention to system design since most of the services handle hundreds of thousands of user requests.
We are a remote company and our team works from wherever they want. That means you must be self-motivated to succeed. If that sounds great to you and you’re interested in empowering video creators, you’ll fit right in.
- Take ownership of the services that you are working on.
- Take the initiative to resolve product issues.
- Improve project architecture with the goal of increasing quality.
- Help teammates with brainstorming sessions, technical design discussions, and code reviews (we highly appreciate all sort of improvements).
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code.
What technologies do we use:
- Scala — Cats, FS2, http4s, doobie
- AWS — EKS, S3, SQS
- Databases — PosgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB,
- Other useful things — Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Github
You might be a fit if…
- A Strong understanding of REST API / Microservices concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of SOLID principles.
- Experience working on at least one large Scala application, with a variety of components such as PostgreSQL, Kafka and DynamoDB.
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Creative problem solvers who take the initiative to improve products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Remote teams require things to be written down and communicated clearly and kindly.