The Manager, Email Marketing role is within Zapier’s Marketing department, on the Marketing Operations and Email Team. You’ll lead the Email Marketing Team, driving forward an email strategy that educates and inspires our customers and partners. You’ll work closely with teams across Zapier — including Content and Design, Marketing Programs, Partnerships, Decision Science and Marketing Operations — to create automated email campaigns that drive growth. You’ll be responsible for scaling our email development process, email deliverability, list management, and lead nurture strategies while enabling the email team to be successful.
If you’re interested in driving your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply for a job at Zapier. Here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look into life at Zapier.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have 6+ years of experience.
You have developed and scaled an email marketing strategy that drives growth and revenue. You are comfortable with HTML/MJML, designing complex workflows, and triggered email campaigns with high levels of personalization in marketing automation systems (bonus points if they are Iterable or Hubspot).
- You’re data-savvy and results-driven.
You effectively weigh investment versus potential business outcome and you focus on the metrics that matter. You’ve designed email experiments and used them to make decisions about what to automate next.
- You’re a leader with 2+ years of management experience.
You love mentoring team members and have led a high performing team. You collaborate cross-functionally to execute big new email ideas and inspire your team to do the same.
- You have strong interpersonal skills. You have a track record of resolving prioritization conflicts and creating email execution processes at a growing organization. You do this as effectively in a remote environment as in-person.
- You’re an email pro.
You’ve done email marketing at a B2B or SaaS company. You’ve implemented complex automated email solutions. You’re familiar with lead scoring, content marketing, and account-based marketing.
Things You’ll Do
- Create and manage email strategy
- Oversee audience segmentation and list management
- Improve email creation and execution process
- Build automated emails with a high level of personalization
- Drive new email experiments forward
- Lead a team of Email Marketers
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, North America
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.