We’re looking for a Senior Director and Global Head of Customer Support to join our Customer Support and Success team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs.
Our Sr. Director of Customer Support will be responsible for creating the vision and overseeing the building, continuous progress, and innovations to our Customer Support organization. This role will be at the forefront of new ideas and initiatives to continue to scale, iterate, and bring innovation to Zapier Support offerings. You’ll be communicating cross-departmentally often and with high-level stakeholders.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You’re a skilled and passionate Support leader
We’re looking for 15+ years of experience in the Customer Support Industry and 10+ years in relevant SaaS Support leadership across all aspects of Customer/Technical Support or similar. You have experience working closely with, or leading, teams adjacent to Support (voice of the customer, customer intelligence, services, product, support engineering customer success, onboarding, customer success, operations, etc.). You have demonstrable experience leading support driven growth initiatives and increasing customer lifetime value through support motions
- You inspire your team.
You have a demonstrated ability to create a shared vision, inspire collaboration and drive change momentum. You are experienced at building diversity in your team and know the importance of diversity in high performing teams
- You’ve led global teams including 3rd party providers:
You have demonstrated experience leading a global team. You’re good at working with internal stakeholders as well as 3rd party providers in unison. You’re well versed in process and system rollouts across commercial segments that result in customer retention and growth.
- You’re an excellent mentor and coach.
You thrive on investing in your team of Sr Managers/Directors and helping them reach new career heights. You are a positive, goal-oriented, and collaborative leader. You have experience leading highly engaged, low attrition support teams in a high growth environment
- You’re an innovator.
You enjoy finding ways to make strategic improvements to existing Support efforts and dreaming up new ways to exceed our customer and team’s expectations. You have a strong background in customer research and analytics techniques, customer strategy, process improvement with human-centred design and performance management. You’re comfortable adopting and leveraging new and emerging technologies.
- You’re an excellent written communicator and presenter.
We’re a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier. You’re also good at leading and facilitating large group presentations
- You’re creative and resourceful.
You help set and keep up on industry trends, are comfortable navigating the automation/no-code space, and remove obstacles for your team when faced with a problem. You thrive in ambiguous environments
- You believe relationships are critical to success.
You’re excellent at building relationships within the industry and the company, are comfortable pitching new ideas, and you keep an eye out for potential partnerships that create value for everyone involved.
- You’re solid at time management.
You’ll juggle a variety of fast-moving communications and projects. As part of a distributed team, you’ll be expected to help your team do the same.
- You love doing things efficiently.
As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You’ll Do
- Inspire and guide a team of Support professionals as we design the next-generation Support experiences. Collaboratively develop, implement and evaluate strategic plans for the organization, programs and mission.
- Invest in the career development and growth plans for our Support leaders; guide and mentor them in strategy development and long term planning, along with other opportunities for growth.
- Evaluate and develop strategies and plans or departmental success in our internationalization efforts focused on new market penetration and multi-language expansion
- Interact with key stakeholders across the organization and help champion initiatives. Quickly shift from high-level long term strategy development to the tactical details of our customer experience. Ensure all elements of the support experience are properly established and executed by segment, geography, product, and lifetime value.
- Mentor and guide our Support leaders as we partner with our FP&A and Decision Science teams to identify financial targets, provide ongoing performance forecasting and ultimately deliver against our Support Driven Growth goals focussed on customer retention and growth. Guide the team as we develop improvements to our budget process
- Partner with our Product, Marketing, Decision Science and finance teams to Collaboratively develop a monetization plan for value-added services.
- Guide and facilitate our annual collaborative planning process across all Customer Support functions. Ensure alignment and consistency with our longer-term strategy and across support segments. Ensure our plans align with longer-term strategy (3-5 years out)
- Partner with our Support Operations team to identify and collaborate on operational needs in support of an innovative long term strategy
- Contribute to and collaborate on the expansion of our feedback loop. Provide input for best practices around cross-functional influence leveraging our partnerships with Decision Science and Product teams. Work with the team and help Ensure insights on prioritization to the Product, Engineering and other Zapier teams represent the voice of all customer segments and the needs of the Support team
- Develop and assist in the development of presentation materials for the team, executive leadership, customers and other audiences. Author and assist in developing company-wide posts to ensure transparency of the team’s direction, changes and results
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers and our team have the best possible experience with Zapier by staying close to the job at hand by working in the queue 2 hours each week. No worries! If you are on a technical learning curve, you’ll be fully supported by this team. They love to help!
- Lead a high performing team, have fun and Keep Support Weird
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: UTC -6 to UTC +2
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.